Wednesday 10th of April will be the 2019 International Games Day (as we’re calling it, anyway) at the General Assembly of the European Geoscience Union, to be held in Vienna, Austria.
The schedule includes a full scientific programme, starting with the poster session at 2pm in Hall X4, and then the oral presentations in Room L8 at 4.15pm. Straight afterwards we head to Foyer D for the Geoscience Games Night.
Wednesday 10th April
14:00-16:00 – Games for Geoscience Posters – Hall X4
16:15-18:00 – Games for Geoscience Orals – Room L8
18:00-20:00 – Geoscience Games Night – Foyer D
- Flash Flood! Vol.2 – VR flood simulation
- HEAT – Card game for communicating climate change
- Breath of the Wild – AAA Zelda game with stunning landscapes to explore
- Resilience – Prototype flood defence card game
- Druids & Defences – Flood themed Dungeons & Dragons
- Wanted: Head of the Centre for Flood Forecasts – The IMPREX Serious Game
- Rivers Top Trump – Official Top Trumps game with a rivery twist
- The Drift Game – Where do things come from? Where do they drift?
- 509,084 drops in 114 days – Discover rainfall features and collect maximum drops
- Call for Water – A serious game on the role of forecast uncertainty and reliability in
- Hazagora: will you survive the next disaster? – Building a resilient community in a natural hazards prone area
If you would like you game adding to the list, please email Chris Skinner (c dot skinner at hull dot ac dot uk).
Check out our 360 tour of last year’s Games Night to see what to expect. See you in Vienna!